Muslim Jewish Women’s Alliance
a joint project of the Indianapolis Jewish Community Relations Council and the Muslim Alliance of Indiana
The Muslim Jewish Women’s Alliance seeks to build relationships between local Jewish and Muslim women based upon mutual trust and respect. The program will consist of a series of eight 90-minute sessions, the first of which will begin on Thursday, February 9th at 7:00 PM. Sessions will typically be held on the 2nd Thursday of each month, although some sessions may fluctuate based upon the nature of the session and its location.
- Build meaningful relationships between local Jewish and Muslim women
- Facilitate discussions and activities on a broad-range of topics pertinent to both communities
- Plant seeds to combat Antisemitism and Islamophobia in the local community
- Transform the broader community by serving as a model for mutual respect and coexistence
- Debbie Herold, Jewish community
- Rafia Khader, Muslim community
Please note: Applications are now closed and are currently being reviewed. We are thrilled that this program has received such an overwhelming positive response. Please look for an email from our project chairs in the coming weeks.